4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup peanut oil
1/4 cup light honey
1/3 cup Orange Marmalade
1 tsp. ground ginger ( 1/2 tsp. grated fresh)
pinch of salt
Combine oil, marmalade, honey, ginger, and salt in a 11x9 baking dish. Arrange and coat chicken in the baking dish. Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes. Uncover and turn chicken over. Continue baking 30 more minutes. Take foil off, bake 10 minutes to brown. Pair this with one of the salads below for a cool summer taste!
For the grill-
Combine all ingredients in a gallon zip lock bag. Marinade 4 hours. Grill, baste often while cooking. Indirect flame is recommended so honey does not burn.
Pasta Salad with Honey-Dijon Dressing
8 oz (3 cups) uncooked pasta ( rotini , spiral twist shape works well)
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/3 cup shredded carrot
Honey-dijon dressing: Stir together 1/2 cup olive or salad oil; 1/4 red wine vinegar, 2-3 Tablespoons honey, 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard. Pour over salad.
Cook pasta al-dente, drain well and rinse immediately with cold water to ciil. Add vegetables and toss with honey dressing. Chill and serve.
Orange Mandarin Salad with Honey Sesame Dressing
1/2 head Romaine lettuce
1/2 head iceberg lettuce
1/2 medium red onion, chopped fine
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup salad oil
2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup light honey
1 small can mandarin orange segments, reserve syrup
2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Tear washed and drained lettuce into a large bowl . Add onion, drained mandarin oranges, sesame seeds, and almonds. In a small bowl combine oils, vinegar, honey, and 2 T reserved syrup. Toss with greens- serve right away. When taking this for a party, pack the dressing in a container, and add right before serving.
Fish Fillets with Honey Ginger Glaze (A Heart Healthy Recipe)
1. In an 8x8 glass baking dish, mix honey, rice vinegar, and ginger. Add orange peel.
2. Rinse fish fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Place the fish filllets in the dish, turning over to coat with honey mixture.
4. Cover with foil, place in refrigerator to marinade about one hour.
5. Using a 12" skillet, heat the oil. You can also using spray cooking oil .
6. On medium heat, place the fillets in skillet- Preserve the marinade!
7. Brown and cook each side 6-10 minutes, until done. Fish is cooked when it is white all the way through and flakes easily.
8. When finished cooking, remove fish to a warm plate; set aside.
9. Add the remaining marinade to the skillet, scraping all the browned bits from cooking. Stir constantly, until mixture becomes reduced and thickened.
10. Plate fish with glaze on top. Add lemon wedge if deired. Enjoy!
Yogurt Breakfast Delight
1 cup plain lowfat yogurt (can substitute Greek Yogurt)
2 Tbsp. of your favorite Honey Harvest Farm honey variety
2-3 Tbsp. chopped walnuts - substute flax seed or almonds
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Combine all ingredients to get this protein-packed breakfast boost.
Fills you up and gives you energy throughout the morning!
All-Natural Afternoon Energy Boost
1 Tbsp. of your favorite Honey Harvest Farm honey variety
Sprinkle with cocoa powder and cinammon and ENJOY!
Summertime Vegetable Saute (serves 6; Courtesy U of Md Extension)
3 T. butter or margarine
1 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 cups fresh corn, off cob
1 T light honey1/4 cup water
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
pinch black pepper and salt
Melt butter in frying pan. Add green pepper and onion; saute 2 minutes. Add other ingrediants except cheese. Cover and cook 10 minutes. Remove to bowl, sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Variation: Add 1 cup chopped summer squash or broccoli, if desired. Add 1 cup chopped tomato the last minue of cooking, if desired.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
Honey Peach Upside Down Cake